Website building and designing that can pull off in the looks as well as delivering the message you wish to convey to your audience is a perfect balance of art and science. The secret behind is letting yourself free from all the creative inhibitions while paying heed to the standard structure. Sounds intimidating? This article will break those shackles for you.
- Perceiving the user journey is the first step
Doing your due diligence about the web page structure to be built on the best business website builder before you begin sketching ideas is important. While you are on it, emphasize on the expectations of your customer. A website that exceeds the user experience is only possible when you are aware of what they expect from you. And this begins with interviews and card sorting. To dig deeper, begin working on the information architecture. It is all about information organization on the website in order to make it clearer, intuitive and sensible. Then comes the navigation. Simplicity, clarity and consistency are its major factors.
- Get the visual hierarchy right
A robust hierarchy helps the user in being guided on what action you want them to take. Users tend to consume content in a way that they just scan the pages to quickly arrive at a decision to what they need before they dive in. Ensure that you make the most important information apparent. When you make all the content on the screen equally important, it underestimates the value of hierarchy. You can use a grid to make the content hierarchical.
- Visually prioritize key elements
- Size: Always correlate the size with importance when it comes to any design. The most important information should have the biggest size and draw more attention.
- Color: Always keep in mind that the color can work as an organization tool and a branding or personality tool when it comes to design.
- Layout: When the formatting is good, it empowers the audience to indulge with the content on the page throughout and seek the most important information rapidly.
- Spacing: White space is a tool that is used to grab attention on the most important elements of the UI.
- Style: Choosing a style that is matching and highlighting your brand will help in conveying your message more effectively.